Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lisa Randall on the Daily Show

Last night's Daily Show (link to full episode) was on fire.

The first segment was focused on SCIENCE!  The part with Aasaf Mandvi was simultaneously hysterical and very, very, very sad.

The last segment had guest Lisa Randall -- Harvard physicist and author of the new book Knocking on Heaven's Door: How Physics and Scientific Thinking Illuminate the Universe and the Modern Worldas well as the old book Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions -- talking about science also.  While I understand Lisa has many tremendous accomplishments, appearing on the Daily Show is the one I am jealous of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's also the sister of Dana Randall.

Natalie Rosen said...

I saw Dr. Randall on Jon Stewart's Daily Show. She was excellent articulated her point of view so well. I could have listened much more.

As soon as I read my other three books on my kindle I will download "Knocking on Heaven's Door." It seems like a very interesting read. Long live scientists who uncover the truths of our universe!!

Claire Mathieu said...

Thanks for the pointer! Very funny, in a slightly scary way. Appropriate for Halloween! I've already shown it to several friends.