Thursday, October 06, 2011

Goodbye to Steve Jobs

My Mac laptop froze today.  It was an unusual occurrence;  I turned the machine off, and for a minute it wouldn't turn back on again.  I was in a panic. 

Then it went back to normal. 

After the fact, I was wondering if my machine was having its own minute of silence.  Then I had the morbid idea -- what if Steve Jobs had the power to arrange for all Mac products and iProducts to stop working when he died?  It would be a disaster for so many of us -- not just the loss of individual data, but the loss of the platforms and devices he made reality, that so many of us use and love.

Steve Jobs may be gone, but his legacy lives on.

2 comments:

Rahul said...

Apple is simply "Beauty with Brains" I hardly eat Apple but its part of my life 24hrs 365 days & always, I am loving it. Hat's of to Mr Steve

steve uurtamo said...

This was a very nice post. It was unusually reserved and appropriately respectful given the vast self-serving and weird media frenzy around his death.