Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mitzenmacher Drinking Game?

I've been visiting the Simons Institute for one of their workshops the last few days.  I got my advisor Alistair Sinclair to give me a tour.  I have to say, that's an amazing space they have.  A very nice building, and they've set it up wonderfully (lots of light and open working spaces).  I can't believe their location on the Berkeley campus. 

After my talk, someone told me (and now I forget who) that someone (Michael Goodrich?) said that the Mitzenmacher talk drinking game was that you took a drink every time a slide says "Bloom" or "cuckoo".  That would be a dangerous drinking game.  (It's funny because it's true.)

3 comments:

David Andersen said...

I'd hate to see the consequences if someone wrote a paper about creating better bloom filters with cuckoo hashing. :-)

Suresh Venkatasubramanian said...

It was me :)

Michael Mitzenmacher said...

Well, Suresh, I at least found it very funny.