Tuesday, September 01, 2009

ITA, Polaris

At some point, I spent some time at ITA Software, a company I like for many reasons. (First, I like their flight fare-finding and selection interfaces -- which many major airlines and travel sites are based on. I use QPX but now I'll start trying matrix2. I don't want to remember what it was like to find a flight before them. Second, they're local.)

About the time I was there, they were embarking on a new project -- a whole new flight reservation system for Air Canada codenamed Polaris. I wondered what had happened to that project, and when we might see the results. So I was disappointed when news finally came out that from the Air Canada side, the rollout was suspended.

Under the assumption that their tech on this project would be at least a fraction as awesome as their previous systems, and because I'd like local tech companies to do well, I hope they find another customer. If anyone has inside info to post anonymously (hopefully of the form "We're doing just fine, thanks.") please feel free...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank for yor kind words. I am happy to report that ITA is doing just fine... really! We have built an amazing next-gen system that many airlines are interested in using. Unfortunately for AC, current economic conditions has put their plans on hold. Stay tuned and look for more news on our techoogy in the coming months.
p.s. We are still hiring :-)

Cara Kretz
VP Corp.Comm
ITA Software

Michael Mitzenmacher said...

Great to hear! I continue to be a fan.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to report that ITA is doing just fine... really! We have built an amazing next-gen system that many airlines are interested in using. Unfortunately for AC, current economic conditions have put their plans on hold. Stay tuned and look for more news on our technology in the coming months.
p.s. We are still hiring :-)

Cara Kretz
VP Corp.Comm
ITA Software

Anonymous said...

I reposted without the typos. Would you delete the first one.
Thanks,
C.