Thursday, February 26, 2009

Visiting London

Wednesday I continued my over-the-Atlantic trip at University College London, where I gave for the first time a talk on our network coding work (blog post, arxiv link) that appears as a INFOCOM 2009 paper. The slides are on my talks page. The talk was assisted by my host Brad Karp ("no relation", most famous for his work on Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing), who asked several pointed and useful questions that will help as this work continues. Brad's part of a growing networking group at UCL that includes Mark Handley.

Where Cambridge's charm comes from its character as a large college town and its history, London's a great big city with plenty of charm and history of its own. Both parts of the trip were great fun, in both cases because of my ever-helpful hosts -- thanks Frank and Brad! I'm already scheming to find a good excuse (international research collaborations!) to go back for a longer time.

No comments: