Friday, August 03, 2007

Favorite tech policy/news blogs

I'm sure there are plenty of places to get such information, but for basic tech news (like what's up with Google and the FCC, voting machines, and the iPhone), I'm enjoying the Machinist blog, out of Salon.com. The longer weekly columns are interesting too; I'm already looking forward to getting a Zonbu.

For straight tech policy, my favorite for quite some time has been Ed Felten's Freedom to Tinker. The past week he's been commenting on the California e-voting reports, which gives further evidence to what most of us already know (or would have guessed) : current voting machines are fundamentally insecure. I prefer to think this is due to incompetence and ignorance rather than malicious intent on anyone's part, but what do I know. My only complaint is that he doesn't post enough!

No comments: